NOC is hiring canvassers for door to door outreach in North Minneapolis. Right now, our outreach is focused on defeating the two discriminatory amendments on this year’s ballot: the amendment to limit the freedom to marry and the amendment to overhaul Minnesota’s election system and restrict the right to vote.
- Educating voters about issues like living wages and affordable tuition
- Mobilizing community members to vote
- Building an active volunteer base for NOC
- Training new canvassers as you gain experience
- Walk door to door and communicate with targeted voters in an assigned area/turf
- Record and report accurate data
- Attend a briefing meeting at the start of each day, canvass door to door for at least 4 hours, return to the office and fill out all the necessary documentation
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner
- Participate in advocacy, organizing, and mobilization tactics
- Assist in other campaign activities as needed
- Participate as a member of a team with a common goal
- Evenings and weekend work required
Applicants especially need a strong interest in our issues; strong communication skills; willingness to learn new skills and ideas; willingness to be self-motivated and take feedback; willingness to work hard; ability to quickly take on new responsibilities.
- Able to physically walk in an assigned turf
- Basic understanding of the electoral process
- Strong commitment to the cause and outcome of the campaign
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and outgoing
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Comfortable with routinely making “cold” door knocks
- Able to work with diverse groups
Strong preference will be given to Northside residents who are familiar with the area we are canvassing.
To apply, e-mail Anthony at Anthony@mnnoc.org, or call (612) 246-3132.