Neighborhoods Organizing for Change (NOC) is a grassroots, member-led organization building power in under-resourced communities and communities of color across the Twin Cities. NOC works at the intersection of race, the economy and public policy in an effort to produce systemic change in Minnesota.
- Work with our contract accountant to ensure that financial reports and filings are prepared on a monthly and on an as needed basis; respond to information requests from the Executive Director.
- Coordinate annual audit preparations in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Coordinate check requests, deposits, employee reimbursements, accounts receivable, invoice, and accounts payable processes.
- Oversee credit card and ACH donation system.
- Create new, smart systems that anticipate organizational needs.
- Lead HR functions for the organization, such as orienting new staff, creating human resource systems as needed, and making sure personnel forms are completed and are updated as needed.
- Primary lead on responding to any HR complaints or concerns.
- Manage tracking of employee leave requests.
- Manage benefits
- Process staff timesheets and administer payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Oversee maintenance and purchasing of computer hardware and software and conduct staff trainings on new equipment, as needed.
- Have a working knowledge and continue to monitor what’s new and changing in regards to technology such as audio and video conferencing, new software and hardware, etc.
- Scout, negotiate, set up, tear down and expand NOC’s office space as needed.
- Ensure the office maintains a professional appearance.
- Act as the point person in day-to-day relations with landlord.
- Assist in the financial administrative aspects of grant proposals and grant reporting including preparing grant budgets and grant financial reports.
- Three years of administrative or operations experience.
- Ability to take responsibility for managing and improving the day-to-day management of a fast-paced office.
- Proven track record of making things work, even in the face of obstacles.
- At least three years of HR experience
- At least one year of hands-on bookkeeping experience
- Flexible working in a changing environment
- Highly detail oriented with management and leadership experience
- At least two years experience creating grant budgets and with financial grant reporting
- Ability to create new, smart systems that anticipate organizational needs.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience working with a diverse group of staff and stakeholders.
- Applicants with excellent HR and financial credentials from outside the non-profit sector are also encouraged to apply.
Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Operations Director. Completed applications will include a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 references.
Neighborhoods Organizing for Change is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We desire a diverse pool of applicants and particularly encourage applications from women, people of color, and the LGBTQ community and immigrants.